6 Best Tools for Effortless Software Testing
Testing is certainly the most trivial stage in the app development lifecycle. The importance of this stage has been emphasized from a long time and companies have now realized how ignoring testing or employing strategies that are not effective can incur additional expenses and increase the time and effort required.
The awareness regarding testing has motivated the Software testing companies to offer the variety of testing methods which includes automated and manual Software testing. Depending on the type of Software, you can opt for the right method and be ready for an app that requires minimum maintenance and support in the later stages. Nowadays, a variety of testing tools are also available to ease the testing work and this blog will list the Software that can make testing easy and hassle free.
The tools listed below are listed in the alphabetical order without any preference or biases and purely on the basis of the popularity and ease that these render to Software testing.
- Apache JMeter: This testing tool is an offering of the Apache Software Foundation. The tool can be used for load and stress testing which is often the first part of testing. The tool can be used to effectively test websites and web application. You can download the Apache JMeter 3.1 which is the recent version of the tool.
- Appium: This is a great tool for testing apps for different operating systems. As an open-source framework, Appium has immense resources available and a community that offers extensive support. It uses the WebDriver protocol for testing native and hybrid apps. View download and samples for Appium for additional information on how this tool can help in testing.
- Bugsee: Finding bugs easily is what this testing tool specializes at. It allows you to test apps by gauging traffic, user interaction, and generating reports and console prints for effortless testing. It is a free testing tool that allows users to send bug track report with a single click or device shake. It works for iOS and Android alike. Know more about Bugsee.
- Robotium: Another popular tool for testing Android apps with presence on GitHub. A tester can easily write functions, develop test cases, and deploy them through to set automatic alerts for bugs. The benefits of this tool include strict adherence to developed test cases. The recent version is Robotium 5.6.3Learn more about the Robotium from its official GitHub page.
- Sencha Test: Sencha Platform is the all-rounder that allows you to design, develop, and test apps. It can, however, be used exclusively for testing iOS and Android native and hybrid apps by using Sencha Test exclusively. It has great resources like Test Runner, Test Archiver, etc. which ease the testing of individual units and segments. This is a paid tool and you can learn more about Sencha Test.
While these tools automate the testing process, the need for Manual Software Testing cannot be completely ignored. There are Software that require manual intervention for testing. Companies usually employ a combination of automatic and manual techniques where unit and contrast testing is mostly automatic, the integration and E2E testing requires manual efforts. Let us know what you think about the testing process and usage of tools.
There are Software that require manual intervention for testing. Companies usually employ a combination of automatic and manual techniques where unit and contrast testing is mostly automatic
You may like to read on 7 Useful Chrome Extensions Are Crucial For Software Testers