What is Customer Relationship Management?
The technologies and strategies practised by a company to set an improving and smooth business relationship with their customers as their ultimate goal. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is subjected to analyze and manage data and interactions with their customers throughout the lifecycle. One of the many purposes of CRM is to build contact between the company and customer assisting the growth in driving sales and customer retention. Customer Relationship Management helps their customers by providing with their purchase history, detailed information about products, and preferences and concern on further purchases. It further encourages the customers about their products via company's websites, live chat, social media, telephone, direct mailing, et cetera.
What are the common features of Customer Relationship Management?
- Sales Force Automation: This feature provides immunity from duplicate efforts to a customer from a salesperson or vice versa. Customer Relationship Management can easily track all contacts and negotiations between the salesperson and customer and prevents duplicity.
- Geolocation technology: Technology that can establish marketing campaigns with accordance to the geographic condition. This feature of CRM system deals with marketing ideas with respect to the physical location of the customer. This technology with the help of GPS is used in networking and enhances the search efficiency in sales prospects, for respective locations.
- Contact centre automation: This feature comprises pre-recorded voice tracks that assist a customer to solve their problems and to disseminate that information. CRM designed this feature to reduce the workload on an agent in tedious aspects. CRM assists an agent with handy tools that integrate with his/her desktop tools to reduce the time of a customer's call and makes their service processes simple.
Importance of Integration in Customer Relationship Management
To exchange and share data among different platforms, Integrations come to play its role. It helps the Customer Relationship Management to avoid switching from one application to another and from augmenting the database with duplicate information irrespective of time.
If Customer Relationship Management is a human figure, integrations are its attire. A Microsoft Dynamics AX development company
CRM gets much smarter and gains likelihood when integrations are introduced to it. Using integrations on Customer Relationship Management correctly makes a company's sales representatives more appealing to the customers because their software does not come with any kind of learning curves.
What are the essential and successful applications in sales exchanges?
- Email and Calendar Sync: This application synchronises one's calendar activities and events to their business or personal e-mail. With accordance to native integration, most of the Customer Relationship Management uses Office 365 or Gmail. Nothing to worry about if anyone using a different e-mail. It can easily be linked or transferred to one's CRM using Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). If one's calendar is not in sync with their e-mail, then he/she is just bringing in more complications and have to deal with unnecessary work.
- Marketing Automation: Customer Relationship Management automates repetitive task to provide customers with enhanced marketing efforts, throughout the customer lifecycle, at different points. It assists a sales rep to automatically send e-mails in a bulk about new initiatives, products, or programs to an existing customer. So much of work done with only a gentle touch. Another essential aspect of having marketing automation integration is when a new company or individual is added to one's CRM, the same is also added to the marketing automation software automatically providing it has a hassle-free way to deal with the unnecessary workload. The same is applicable when the CRM loses an individual or a company. It just keeps your list updated.
- Document Management: This application helps a sales representative to make quotes and proposals without leaving his/her Customer Relationship Management. Creating a document is just another aspect of Document Management integration. When a sales rep proceeds a deal to its next stage, one can also utilise this application to make proposals automatically. This system automatically adds your personal data such as name, address, contact number, et cetera from your CRM's contacts directly while accepting an electronic signature. Yes, it has electronic signature management too. It avoids every kind of mistakes and prevents manual entry for duplicity.
- Customer support: Tickets for customers' support are used by the sales representatives to keep their customers' track as the help desk is not the end of Customer Support. Often, the problems that the customers come up with includes issues from engineering fields, not much able to register for a webinar and assistance in billing. It is a very hectic process to meet up clients, but if a team member is mentioned (using @ symbol), it is easier to resolve and discuss complexities much faster.
- Accounting and Purchasing: These processes are taken care of by the reps themselves when it comes to small businesses. The representative is subjected to call for assistance from the finance department to get the entire document generated or create it himself from the scratch while using templates. Anyway, it is more efficient to have the order of sales and purchase automatically generated. With the help of integration, it is least likely to get information slipped and processes get timed better.
Here i share an infographics relaed on What are the essential and successful applications in sales exchanges?