Detailed Walk Through for Magento Extension Development
Magento is one of the finest and most widely used e-commerce platforms. Due to its flexibility and easy use it is the first choice among the developers and development companies.
Magento mainly aims at building an eye catchy e-commerce website along with providing secure payment gate away.
They also enable the e-commerce website to get top rankings whenever the name of the website is searched under search engines.
Magento extension development comes into play where areas of functionality and with interfacing with 3rd party web app. In this article we shall provide you with all the proper steps that are required to take to develop Magento extension development
Detailed Walk Through for Magento extension development
- Price: Prices quoted on the web should be in accordance with the market price and no abnormal quoting should be done.
- Naming Extension: Using word magento in extension title isn’t a wise decision. However the name magento can be used in domain or directory.
- Logo: Using of small logo and icons are highly recommended and it should be in clarity that extension isn’t developed by word Magento.
- Paid Extensions: This is the kind of magento extension which has a direct link to the extension and listed to magento connect. This is the most detailed and informative page as it contains warranty, delivery schedule, price and contact info.
- Designing: Magento enables you to have numerous options so that you may choose the themes according to your taste. Themes integrated with design package usually have files which finalise the visual output.
- Configuration: Configuration system is located in app/etc/modules and mainly defined as being on or off with XML configuration.
Steps for Magento Extension Development
- Writing Codes: Writing codes is the most basic and essential step in magento extension development. All the writing of codes should be done in such a way that templates and module codes in clear manner.
- Structure: After careful writing of codes the next step is involving in making the folder structure for codes. Creation of proper structure helps in working and running of codes in effective manner.
- Checking: A good developer will always keep check on every step and will check the functionality. If the above steps are done correctively than you will get a dialogue “see” our module which means everything is done effectively and the same can be check in admin panel.
- Database: In this step the developer needs to separate data from database structure. As magento don’t work directly with raw SQL it becomes necessary for module configuring xml.
- Route Flow: in this architecture controls are usually responsible for route flow. These route flows enables the pages available with URL’s.
With passing time all the developers need to be on their toes as the technologies are changing with times rapidly.
Even the magento developing companies looks for skilled and efficient developers who have entire knowledge about the related programming tools and languages.
With magento being the leader in the market aits high time to ride on the hype it has created over the period of its existence.