Top 10 reasons to use asp.net for web development
If you keep yourself up to date with the latest trends in web development, you must be pretty familiar with asp.net. This is a quite popular web design framework that was designed and launched by Microsoft in 2002. For web designers and web developers, asp.net is a one stop destination for high style web designs, dynamic websites, web applications, web services and so on. The best part about using asp.net is that it is quite flexible and easy to use. It uses the Common Language Runtime or CLR, as it is known in common parlance. This way, developers can make use of any language of their choice in order to write the code. As a matter of fact, most asp.net development companies around the world are currently choosing asp.net as their framework.
Here are some things you can do with asp.net:
• Social networking sites
• Web applications
• Corporate and business websites for official purposes
• Customized management system for web content
• Customized management system for customer relationships
Why should you use asp.net?
Although the variety of services asp.net provides seems tempting enough, you might ask why you shouldn’t go for other web development frameworks that provide the same services. Here are some reasons why you should give asp.net a try:
• The most tedious part about developing dynamic websites is the code. The developers have to write code which forms the very foundation of the website. However, asp.net makes it significantly easier for you since it drastically reduces the amount of code you have to write. Consequently, your development speed increases and that enhances the quality of the outcome.
• The whole point of developing web applications is to ensure they deliver stellar performance. Now asp.net comes with certain properties like indigenous caching technologies, in time compilation and also native optimization which enhances the quality of the web application.
• Asp.net is flexible and is compatible with a number of languages. You have numerous languages to choose from based on what goes better with your website.
• When it comes to designing websites and developing them, one of the most dreaded tasks that a web developer faces is that of deployment and configuration. These tasks are highly technical and require a degree of precision. However, this becomes all the easier with the help of asp.net which enables you to carry out such tasks seamlessly.
• Now as any web developer would know, all web applications and sites have certain functions and codes in common. It would simply be a waste of time if you had to write the codes for these functions and develop them from scratch. Instead, it would be much better if you got these ready-made, all set to be used, right? That is exactly what asp.net does. It can be called a library of some custom web controls and common functions that are ready to use. You can just incorporate these into your design to enhance them.
• Since it has been developed by Microsoft, asp.net comes with in-built windows authentication. Also, it has a property which is known as per app configuration. Now these properties in particular make this tool highly reliable and secure. Security should always be your number one priority while designing the website or the application.
• When it comes to web development, there are a number of platforms involved. It is important that you are able to switch between platforms with simplicity and agility. Otherwise that dampens the development process and slows you down. Asp.net allows you to jump from one platform to another with ease.
• Being powered by Microsoft, asp.net is really the best choice you have. With Microsoft working behind you, you wouldn’t have to worry about missing out on the latest developments in this field. Microsoft keeps introducing new developments and updates which would further improve the framework and enable you to come up with better applications and designs.
• Most of the complex and highly secure intranet and internet applications that you come across have been developed using asp.net. If you are a net developer, you can use asp.net to create various android and iPhone applications. Although, this is now increasingly used for apps for windows phones as well.
• As you must know already, websites have a definite architecture. This can be a two tier or even a three tier architecture, depending upon the needs of your website. Asp.net allows you to create dynamic website designs of any complexity. You wouldn’t have to worry about overloading the web design or slowing it down either. The more progressive method you use to create the website, the faster and more technologically advanced it’ll be.
These are ten reasons why you should definitely try out asp.net, if you haven’t already. These are just some benefits that an asp.net development company offers. Don’t worry, asp.net is pretty user friendly and is sure to come in handy irrespective of whether you’re creating a website or a web application.